Like any other normal person who is going to Boracay for the very first time of her life, getting a good night sleep before the big day was a bit trouble to me. Bubbling excitement could be the first factor to put the blame on, as if pointing fingers would offer me relief at all. But it was Boracay! If many people from around the globe had been there, and many of them keep coming back, benefiting the local tourism industry, why not me? First of all, it’s my country and I deserve to truly enjoy it all.
Fortunately, when it comes to company outing, the gods of TLS are gallant and willing to pamper its most valuable asset – me. I mean its productive and reliable staff which included me. Okay, I’m babbling.
The very minute I felt myself finally surrendering to a deep sound sleep, which I was so thankful of, my cute alarm clock just rocked the whole house with its irritating ringing sound, causing me to jolt up on my bed. No wonder I was so quiet on the plane, well, almost quiet if snoring would be counted out.
From the airport, we took the two-hour bus ride to Caticlan where we had a short boat ride to Boracay. The boat ride was really exciting. Aside from the paradise-like sceneries around us, the boatmen had to carry us from the boat off to the shore. From there, a van had taken us to the Regency Beach Resort where we would be staying for three days and two nights.
Inside the van, my eyes feasted on so many beautiful views in Boracay. The sky was the bluest sky I had ever seen in my life. The sea seemed like kissing the sky. It seemed have no ending. I couldn’t wait to feel its salty water on my skin. Suddenly I was so awake and full of energy in spite of lack of sleep.
There were so many people around from different races. It was a good feeling to see people of different colors had come from around the globe to flock here and take a break from a busy life they had in their home country.
The air was smelled clean and at the same time salty. I tried to close my eyes and felt the cool air soothe my lungs as I inhaled some of it. The sun was a bit cruel, good thing I had brought a sunblock lotion with me. When we got off the van, I excitedly scanned and experienced it myself the famous powdery white sand which Boracay is famous for. It was so fine like sugar, so white that it seemed reflecting to the light of the sun that it shone. My eyes got sensitive that I had to blink many times until they had adjusted to the extreme daylight. Somehow it was blinding at first when you were finally there, standing on the white sand under the bright sun. It hurt to some point. But the pain felt with joy knowing that it was all real. I was in Boracay!
After hours of rest, we began the mini-sport fest which was scheduled on our first day. We did couples of exciting, physically exhausting, and throat-straining games. I didn’t notice this until now that I was the nosiest girl there. I was screaming at the top of my lungs!
The most memorable part was when I joined the raft-making contest. Each group had seven members. I was with two Filipino men and four Japanese men. I thought I was lucky to have all boys in our group, assuming that they knew how to make a raft. To my disappointment, they all relied on me. Impressive, huh? Forgiving them was easy though when our group ended up as the winner. The prize? A paper of recognition.
By dinner time, I was revved up by the extremely delicious sea foods and salads that were served to us. How I wish that was forever! (Sigh)
On our second day, we went to Puka Beach in the morning. It was where the rare Puka shells are found abundantly. There were many accessories stores as expected. I was with Angel, my friend. We shopped around and bought couples of good bracelets before we returned to the hotel for lunch.
After lunch, we dilly-dallied on the shore and watched people around us. We also visited every store we saw. We tried to ask for discounts; however, those generous locals seemed to think that all the people who go to Boracay are expected to spend half of their fortune there. I tried to protest and insist on having my discounts on some stuff which were beautifully made out of real talents, but instead, I settled on cheaper things which were equally beautiful.
There was this particular store in which the vendors were eating some slimy seaweed. They offered us to try some. Of course we were pleased with their friendliness so that we reluctantly gave it a try. It tasted not really good but it was not that bad either. It was just…fine. But the fun we had there was amazing.
Then finally, Angel and I went on swimming! It was fun and so exciting. We played in the water like kids. It was so relaxing as well. I don’t know if it was psychological, but the water seemed to have a healing power reaching deep into my soul and searching all the hidden pain and complaints in there.
Angel was as crazy as me. We scrubbed ourselves with the sand underneath the water like doing spa right in there. We were laughing and enjoying every moment of it.
Before dinner, Angel and I had an itchy feeling all over our body! It was like we got allergy from the scrubbing that we did! We put alcohol and some other things we believed would help. Good thing, any of those did work. Hence, we were able to attend the awarding of all the winners of the mini-sport fest we had the previous day. After that, we went out and strolled around. Many people were bar-hopping, partying, and actively socializing. The night in Boracay was so alive that people there seemed never get tired at all. As if they didn’t sleep at all.
Well, it was not my cup of tea. Instead, we enjoyed the night at Jona’s Shake which according to a friend, we shouldn’t miss in Boracay. And she was right. The shake there was really good. It was a wonderful night that I might never forget in my life.
All in all, I had enjoyed my stay in Boracay. It made me proud in our country. One day I know I will come back in Boracay. But that will be with my family and friends. And do it again…or even more.
To spend three days and two nights in Boracay, P 12, 000.00 was allotted per person. That was based on a company outing held by TLS. Sometimes there are promos which you can learn about through various travel guides on the net. #
No comments:
Post a Comment